Investment Analyst Intern
Vorpahl Wing Securities is seeking an Investment Analyst intern to assist in research of different investments for our group of advisors and their clients. The Investment Analyst Intern will be responsible for assisting in monitoring current client investments, determining their viability on their own and in the context of the client’s overall portfolio. Familiarity with the economic cycle is also an essential part of making recommendations.
The candidate should be able to synthesize a wide range of information into effective recommendations. Strong analytical abilities and an entrepreneurial spirit are essential to success at this position.
- Diligently research and present investment ideas
- Build financial models for subject companies
- Monitor and evaluate current holdings
- Research economic and industry factors that contribute to investment performance
- Assist in the preparation of articles and reports of financial and economic topics
- Business, accounting, economics, or other related major
- Class experience in finance, accounting, and economics
- Strong technological skills and familiarity with financial software
- Ability to write succinctly about complex subjects
- Experience with FactSet and/or Bloomberg
- Ability to work independently on multiple projects